Sunday, July 03, 2005

I Have Arrived.


















I wish i were stayin here and this were my ride in Delhi. But it isnt! im staying at a lawyer buddys house with only human luxuries being a comp with no internet and some books to read. And plenty of time to myself if thats human amenity!!

I would like to relate this strange incident which gives me a hint of things to come here! I tried to get a BSNL prepaid mobile connection here and walked into this shop and flashed the guy my ID card [my Chennai issued driving license]. He looks at it as though its some self detonating Martian bomb and then at me as though im the Martian. And he tells me Sirji yeh tho TameelNaaadu ka license hai...I replied woh Pakistan mein thodi hai!! And he gives me this "Oh im not so sure look" and says nahin sir par yeh nahin chalega...On a whim i tell him i have Gurgaon license and he tells me haan woh tho chalega!!

I dunno if its plain stupdity or insensitivity speaking but i decided to settle this issue the free market way and decided not to get the connection there even using my friends ID. I finally did get my card, Believe it or not from a Sardaar's shop!! I strongly feel all those Sardaarji jokes shud be made for Jats...anyways...time will tell!!

No comments: