Monday, July 11, 2005

Delhi reloaded


Well im sitting in my friends place with at last a net connection good enough to put in a few pix on my blog. i've not been upto much the last few days...just meeting up a few friends here and there apart from generally getting oriented to life in delhi and getting used to travelling by public transportation...tell you what....cars spoil you!!

And in fact that has happened to me in delhi too. When my friend was away to mumbai for a couple of days i did get to drive his car for a few days and man i was taken in. you see, the fiat palio is a damn good car, with great pep for city drive and when you get away from a red light you can really leave the other cars behind and beat the next red light before they catch up with you!! The problem though is the shoddy mileage! But considering i was driving a friends car with fuel paid for by him, i couldnt care less!!!
But all said and done, things like this question my philiosophy of life. Should i be contended with a basic car like a maruti 800 or should i always aspire for a better car and hence more material comforts of life? Am i not polluting more? Am i not spending money on something which can be better spent otherwise? I guess its all relative....someone wud give me the same questions for choosing a maruti 800 over public transport!!





Talking about public transport, i was getting back to my friends place the day before by bus at about 10 pm and i noticed there were only 2 women on the bus and they too were accompanied by about 3-4 men. Delhi is very unsafe for women and that fact hit home last evening when i saw these two 30 yr old men stop their bike and peer at some bushes. It struck me as strange but when i followed their line of sight i hwas immediately repulsed as they were staring at a girl playing in the lawns of her apt building and she couldnt have been more than 14 years old. That was gross and to think that this is normal in delhi!!

Oh in case u guys are revulsed by the above pic, its my throat!! i have got this swelling on the left hand side of the pic which i dont think is mumps because ive already got that but its getting painful to swallow things now though i have no fever. Any ideas what it might be people?

oh on my previous blog i had mentioned some bad things about jats, i apologise because that thing happened again to me but this time with airtel! them not accepting my id card! man these choms just wanna piss me off or god made them this dumb??

No comments: