Friday, September 18, 2009

Milestones, or the lack of it..

My last blog had elicited a lot of reactions over fb,sms and mail, most of which seem to affirm that I'm not the only one!! ... hallelujah.

I have been thinking over the past 2 days, what is it that I have got to show for my life, since I got out of college? I don't see how I have let my professional life affect my personal life, not in a positive way anyway!

To be fair, I have some awesome memories of the stuff done in the last two years. But what I was wondering these past two days, was what do I have to show for it? My own assessment is that i live a very minimalistic existence. (I can shift out of my current abode in 1 hr flat). The problem is there are no milestones to show for the life i have lived. But then, such is the existence of a nomad isn't it? There are no monuments to celebrate the path he has tread.

Unless you build a pyramid or a Taj Mahal, nobody will give a shit about you, 400 yrs from now. So why bother? :-)

PS: With this post, 2009 is my most prolific blogging year. Thats one milestone! Thank you, employer for transferring me to Hyderabad!

No comments: