Saturday, September 12, 2009

Confessions of a Procrastinator

I'm a serial procrastinator, of the worst kind.

Its easy to rationalize it, by saying who isn't and move on with life. But that is what I have been doing. This moment of candor would be brief and it too would pass. I have two options here, do some of the things I'm procrastinating or blog about it. I choose the latter. There needs to be a record of this, so i shame myself into action in the future, hopefully.
Here are the list of things I've been putting off -

1. Fixing the fans in my house. First one fan conked off in my bedroom, 5 months back. I moved to the other bedroom, rather than get the fan fixed. Now this fan started making funny noises 4 weeks back , but I didn't do anything about it. And 1 hour back this too conked off. Now this is my status - 1 Apartment no Fan.

2. I was supposed to get an air-conditioner remember? And I was supposed to call him Chunni...Not done, the fun purchase nor the baptism.

3. I was supposed to get furniture too. Forget furniture, haven't even got a chair yet.

4. I was supposed to get a gas connection and do some cooking myself. No movement there either.

5. I was supposed to replace my mobile phone. Research into a worthy replacement, is the excuse for this delay.

6. I also dream of having a car. The closest I've gotten is pick up an edition of Auto India at the departmental store. I'm yet to even do a test drive of a car. I rationalize that by saying that I don't need a car, which is true.

7. I haven't framed a poster, which I got made 4 months back.



8. I haven't watched Maqbool.

I'm hopeless.

1 comment:

Neha Chopra said...

Finally, I can feel at peace that I am not the only procrastinator... :P

Feeling relieved of my secret guilt...lolz