Thursday, May 07, 2009

The Glass is Always Full



Is this glass half full or half empty?

Its the favourite cliche amongst Management Practitioners, who are imaginative enough to earn a living out of describing half a glass of water! I've never been convinced by their optimism or pessimism theories and division of people's personalities on the basis of that. But what did I think? Is it half full or half empty.

The answer dawned on me yesterday. The glass is ALWAYS FULL. Half of it is water and the other half is opportunity. Its my choice what i fill it with, more water, vodka, rum, poison, just fruit punch or just plain emptiness.

Life might be a crowded playground, but just go play.

8 comments:

Sabihur Rahman said...

I think this is your best post ever.

Yemeth said...

You are half-right. The glass is indeed always full-one half water, one half air.

slowtumblinglife said...

hmm
hmmmm

thats too deep a thought for holiday-me!! i shall think about it when im returning to patna,
depressed, lonely and pissed off... thats when i get all my ideas and best thoughts.. :)

in the mean time

King Julian Pon Ya Case MAAAN
I like to Move it Move it!!

itna mat soch.. life le legi teri..

Jas said...

you are understating the pessimist, if you ask him the glass is still half only, there is only half of opportunity (to fill in ur Vodka, fruit punch etc).

My point is, there is nothing called full glass, we need both the point of views to survive, to debate, to understand. the day the glass is either full or empty, we are done. I want that glass to be half... just half and thats how you will think!

Neha Chopra said...

Great post !!!

btw how about throwing away this liquid and then filling with something we like... :-)

(obv we have to be aware of the costs n benefits involved in replacing this existing liquid..)

slowtumblinglife said...

love the new look..

Unknown said...

kya baat hai!!! Tussi great ho paaji!! :-)

Anonymous said...

The glass merely is. Like we are. Like the world is.

In equilibrium.

It is only when one comprehends the arbitrariness of existence can we truly understand our place in it. It is essential to be detached from everything, and view everything from a third person's point of view.

"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members"

Groucho Marx