Sunday, March 29, 2009

Dev D



Ive watched Dev D 3 times now and have loved it for various reasons. The music is fantastic. Refreshingly different from what we see in movies these days. Emosional Atyachaar, was the real show-stealer. But I must say I quite enjoyed the entire album.

The story itself was, well standard, but the way it was weaved into the fabric of today's life in India was engaging. The protagonists had all done justice to their roles. I thought, even Kalki Kochelin, who struggled with her Hindi lines, hit the ball out of the park with her Tamil phone sex!! Her Tamil and French were way better than her Hindi!

Paro, played by Mahi Gill, was a revelation. I thought she looked a bit like Tabu...maybe the eyes. Abhay Deol, continues to impress, if not by his acting, but definitely with his choice of roles. Whoever, did his wardrobe for the movie was good. I loved the t-shirts that he wore through the movie.

By far, my favourite character in the movie was Chunni - if all pimps are this cool, then wonder why more don't take to the profession? My favourite Chunni scene in the movie was actually deleted from the final cut. But take a look. The dude is so cool that I'm gonna name my a/c after him when I get one!!

3 comments:

slowtumblinglife said...

get the a/c..

and why wouldd they delete this scene?

donscave said...

damned if i knew!! i thought it wudve been a killer scene!

workhard said...

U know what.. i still havent watched this movie.. maybe next weekned i ll rent out the dvd...

Haiku poetry