Thursday, December 25, 2008

A Victim of Terrorism

i'm sitting in a restaurant in a crowded market in delhi, thinking
what would happen if a couple of loonies' with an AK walk in and let
loose?

Whichever way i look at it...it doesnt seem a promising prospect if
they come in! There is only one entry/exit. The kitchen is on the
other side of the entry. Tables are not so big that i cud hide down
there. As a target, even the most lousy constable in india wouldnt
miss me, forget any trained terrorist. My only hope is they wudnt come
into this place as it isn't too crowded and there aint any firangs
here!!

You would think im acting paranoid here, spooked by the horrible carnage in
Mumbai. You're right. But it didnt start with Mumbai. Delhi's markets have also become the favourite haunts for terrorists boms. Before last month, whenever i go by
this market, I cross the road and walk on the less crowded
side, looking out for any suspicious packages. I also made sure I
didnt go near the market during peak hours when its most crowded. I
assume that whn the loonies wud like to strike.

I've never seen a terrorist attack, let alone be physically harmed by
one. But you see I too am a victim.

1 comment:

slowtumblinglife said...

i know what you mean. in delhi when i walk past the parked cars infront of cafe morrison i walk quickly in jerks..