Saturday, December 27, 2008

Dead Poet's Society

I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately,
I want to live deep and suck out all the marrow out of life!
To put to rout all that was not life,
And not when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.




One shouldnt be writing reviews about a movie that released 20 yrs back, but watching Dead Poet's Society again today brought back a lot of memories. The film itself is a touching portrayal of a group of adoloscent school boys coming to terms with what conformity demands out of them and what life demands out of them. Trying to do both together takes a lot of grace. And grace makes goodness out of ugly things!

I thank my parents for never stopping me from sucking the marrow out of life. I wish I did more. Its time for me to stop drifting and feel challenged again!

No comments: