Sunday, June 07, 2009

Now what shall we talk about?

Nothing like a swig of rum and coke to get the bloggy juices flowing! So what shall we talk about?

Well firstly apologies to my friends Yason and Bun. We saw a movie together a few months back, "Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi". I thought it was an average SRK + Yash Raj Bollywood formula movie, designed to appeal to not so good looking men with hot women. But my friends thought, and I quote one of them, "This movie has made me believe in love". Now while I still stand by my opinion, apparently this movie has had such an impact worldwide, that even the Chinese have taken to it. This dude has used it as his audition song for "Chinese Idol"!



If Susan Boyle had chosen this song, probably she would've won Britain's Got Talent. Is it the magic of Bollywood or has the world really dumbed down to such depths? I do not have the pedigree to form a judgment on that one. However, as 2 MBA's, Yason and Bun have got the pulse of the next biggest superpower and largest market in the world. This would hold them in good stead if they get their asses transferred to Guangdong from Gurgaon. Cheers boys! You are Winners!

Now that I had mentioned Susan Boyle, I better document this 2 month phenomenon. Susan Boyle made me believe in reality TV. I have been a skeptic and have not watched even one of them, except probably The Great Indian Laughter Challenge [if u can call that reality tv]. Believe it or not, Ive not watched even 1 minute of MTV Roadies. I have been following Britain's Got Talent on the Internet ever since I saw the video of the Dancing Sardar. For sheer entertainment alone you just have to doff your hats to this duo.



Not to mention the hardwork, creativity and talent that goes with it.

The monsoons have hit Hyderabad today. I had posted a facebook status message to that affect and have got a lot of messages from folks saying congratulations and oh wow etc etc. I do appreciate the drop in temperature but I'm thinking, "Damn flooded roads, need to polish my shoes everyday, mud on the shins, need to protect the laptop from getting wet." etc etc. Is it just me being unromantic or is this how all men really think?

Oh did I also tell you that Ive been a lazy bum around the house and have not gotten around to getting any of the stuff I planned for in my previous blogs and continue to live with bare necessities like a bed and a wifi connection? Yeah, that's me. I love my life! Coz there ain't no one to nag me about it!

2 comments:

slowtumblinglife said...

hey that chinese video doesnt work.. does he actually sing that?

in chinese?

Unknown said...

he he, u saw tha movie now?? quite a stupid movie!!