Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Final Goodbyes




This week i did a lot of things for probably the last time in Chennai.

I jogged down the Marina for one last time. I thought about the number of times i had come here and though it never was my favourtie beach i had been here the most number of times. I thought about my first memories of Marina. Wading into those huge crowds there trying to buy something on the sand. I remember the Gus Logie
hat i bought there. I was in the fourth std then. That hat was indeed a lucky charm! How many runs i scored in garage and street cricket wearing that hat!!

Now the other big memory of Marina is my jogging bouts there lasting 3-6 months at a stretch. Its a nice place to jog in the evenings though the mornings are too crowded for jogging in the outer walking track though the inner service road is always good. The sad turn was the tsunami. I stopped going to the beach a month before the tsunami hit and at that time i used to jog 15 m from the waters. I used to stay back and watch some of those kids play cricket on sundays in the inner road...trust me cricket was never more fun! And they redefined sledging!!!
I felt very bad when i heard that a lot of these kids died in the tsunami. ..Shit happens...C'est la vie.

A very peculiar thing happened to me this week. I learnt that two people i knew were pregnant. And one of them actually told me that directly. I was so surprised that only after an embarassing 10 secs that i realised i was to say congratulations!!! I guess i will have to hear more of this now....These are the moments you realise you aint a kid no more and that your friends are becoming mummies and daddies!!

I had a real piece of good news today. One of my friends got into TISS. We had prepared for TISS together and now he got in through the waiting list. Great news for the day and I'm really happy for him!

No comments: